OVERVIEW – A BIT ABOUT DELTA INSTITUTE
Thriving Communities. Thriving Landscapes. Action and impact are core to Delta Institute as we strive to create a Midwest region with a healthy environment, robust economy, and vibrant communities. Delta creates programs that show how policies, ideas, and resources can be harnessed for a more sustainable and resilient region. We take a systems view on how businesses, communities, and government and are impacted by the environment and economy, and create comprehensive solutions that pull these pieces together. Delta is proud to have a multidisciplinary team, and we strive to attract a diversity of experience, skillsets, and perspectives to enable us to challenge assumptions and create new approaches to long-standing problems.
Delta Institute seeks quotes from qualified tree planting contractor for the Oceana County, Michigan Stormwater Trees Project, a regional tree planting initiative that is funded through a grant from the United States Forest Service’s Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (USFS GLRI). The selected contractor would complete the installation of 384 tree seedlings along the Hart Montague Trail, and at specified locations throughout the municipalities of Hart, Shelby, New Era, Rothbury, and Golden Township. The contractor’s work will be overseen by project team that includes Delta Institute, the Western Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission (WMSRDC), the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR), and the partnering municipalities. The project team includes Delta Institute, the Western Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission (WMSRDC), the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR), and the partnering municipalities.
SCOPE OF QUOTE
The qualified planting contractor will participate in the production these deliverables, as identified in Scope of Services:
- Coordination with all suppliers, vendors, and project team members
- Planting of 384 tree seedlings
Scope of Services
- Seedling Planting: Coordinate with the project team on the sourcing and delivery of 384 seedlings. Undertake all seedling planting work along the Hart Montague Trail in Oceana County, in Spring 2021 (March – May 2021). This would include any necessary site preparation (including any necessary wildlife protection, on a site by site basis). Specific planting locations and species distribution will be identified by the project’s Planting Plan (which will be completed in Fall 2020).
- Fall Re-Planting Work: Identify and execute specific seedling re-plantings, contingent on demand and availability of funding, based on a Summer 2021 site visit, to be completed in September 2021.
- Coordination with Project Team and Participating Agencies: The contractor will coordinate with the project team of Delta Institute, the Western Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission (WMSRDC), the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR), and the partnering municipalities on all necessary aspects of the project’s tree planting, including but not limited to:
- Issues with vendors and suppliers
- Questions regarding planting locations, species,
The selected contractor must obtain all necessary state and local licenses and permits to conduct work within the project locations.
Term of Completion
January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
The following compensation schedule will illustrate the payment milestones for the contractor’s planting and maintenance work.
- Installment 1 (May 2021): Planting Payment
- Billable upon completion of Scope Task 1 (Seedling Planting)
- Installment 2 (November 2021): Replanting Payment
- Billable upon completion of the previous month’s Fall Replanting Work (Scope Task 2)
Failure by contractors to complete the planting work, as described in final signed agreement with Delta Institute, will result in the withholding of payment by Delta Institute, until full completion of the work.
Due Date for Submission
Friday, August 31, 2020 (6pm ET/5pm CT)
Questions regarding the RFQ process and formal RFQ responses/applications should be sent to email@example.com by the due date.