Since 1998, Delta Institute has been a leader in developing sustainable solutions for the built environment. With over 20M square feet of LEED-certified projects, we have recognized the need to use data to drive decision making in sustainable buildings. Our work in LEED-certification has led us to partnerships with some of Chicago’s most iconic buildings like the Field Museum, Merchandise Mart, Prudential Plaza, and NBC Tower.
What’s the next step for building efficiency?
Delta is now helping partners enact Arc Performance Score for buildings’ tenants in partnership with the US Green Building Council. We continue to look for ways to work with partner buildings to make real-time data on buildings work to push decision making and raise the bar for building performance. For example, Delta has helped our partners achieve their goals by:
- Prototyping real-time waste tracking,
- Enabling API connections for electricity use through Green Button Connect,
- Testing real-time grid-level carbon emission data feedback and automation, and
- Developing water submetering pilots in several buildings.
Get Involved or Learn More
Delta is seeking to explore some of these innovative approaches to energy efficiency and waste management with building managers across Chicago and the greater Midwest. If you are interested in collaborating, some ways in which we can partner include:
- Helping LEED-certify or recertify properties;
- Engaging building tenants by enacting Arc Performance Score for buildings in partnership with the US Green Building Council; or,
- Sponsoring our efforts in the year ahead with a tax-deductible contribution.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Kevin Dick, LEED AP O+M, ID+C—Delta’s Director of Programs—to set up time for a meeting or phone call.