Over the past few years, we have committed ourselves to being more transparent with our partners, supporters, and stakeholders regarding our approach to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at Delta Institute. Since Delta’s ad hoc DEI Committee concluded its scope of work in 2021, we have implemented several new policies and activities:
- Publishing an executive summary of our DEI Committee’s work;
- Revising organizational branding for improved accessibility;
- Using the DEI Committee’s work to inform Delta’s refined Strategic Plan;
- Developing an Organizational Community Engagement Stipend Policy;
- Refining our approach to using inclusive vocabulary;
- Developing and adopting a Black Labor Acknowledgement;
- Developing and adopting a Land Acknowledgement; and
- Integrating more accessibility features on our website.
To truly create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization, we must continuously invest in a cycle that helps us assess what we’ve put in place, explore how we can improve upon it, and refine it as needed to further reach our vision of creating a more resilient home for all Midwesterners. We encourage you to read more about our activities and plans for what’s next by downloading our PDF update, Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Delta Institute: An Update.