Our work spans multiple sectors, and we apply lessons learned from one partnership to another—fostering innovation to meet our partners’ needs. If you have a sustainability need, we will deliver.
Our Public, nonprofit, and private sector partners turn to us for services across the entire spectrum of sustainability:
- Site Planning: downtown, neighborhood, and subarea;
- Carbon Footprinting and Greenhouse Gas Reporting;
- Climate Mitigation and Adaptation Planning;
- Data Quantification, Analysis and Visualization, including GIS;
- Water Planning;
- Zoning, subdivision, and unified development ordinances;
- Grant preparation and grant management support;
- Community Facilitation and Convening;
- Waste and Energy Auditing;
- Environmental Standard Certification Assistance;
- Sustainable Business Consulting;
- Staffing augmentation via in-house planning services; and,
- Technical assistance for brownfield redevelopment, coal plant transition, energy efficiency, and solid waste management.
Municipal Resiliency and Community Planning
Sustainable Business Consulting
Delta works with businesses across commercial and industrial sectors to help them understand and report their environmental and community impact, become more sustainable, and evaluate new markets for their products and services. This includes a host of planning, consulting, and technical assistance services. Delta’s vision for the Midwest includes helping for profit partners reduce their footprint, please contact us to learn more.
Sustainability and Efficiency in the Built Environment
With over 20 million square feet of LEED-certified projects, we have recognized the need to use data to drive decision making in sustainable buildings. Though not everything that can be measured needs to be to be managed, we have found that resources in buildings – energy, water, and waste – provide opportunities to identify operational problems and enact solutions. With real time data now available for electricity meters in smart grid ready utilities, we see the future of buildings as being able to automate the data collection process and work toward continuous improvement.
Deconstruction Planning and Waste Reduction
Delta Institute has expertise in multiple waste and materials types including: municipal solid waste; construction and demolition waste; household hazardous waste including electronics; biomass; and wastewater management.
Delta serves local governments such as counties and cities, and works with businesses, industries, and institutions to reduce waste and, where possible, transform environmental liabilities to economic assets.
Green Infrastructure, Stormwater Management, and Flood Reduction
Brownfields and Coal Plant Redevelopment
Please spend a moment with our project map illustrating project locations throughout the Midwest.