- This event has passed.
BOOST 2020: The Midwest’s Emerging Entrepreneurs in Sustainability
November 10 - November 15
Please us for our 9th annual BOOST event! BOOST is a platform for early-stage entrepreneurs with innovative products and services to provide sustainable change in the Midwest. BOOST 2020 is a virtual showcase, welcoming hundreds of supporters to participate in selecting this year’s winners.
What comes with the cost of your registration?
- One vote: Each registered attendee gets to cast one vote for the favorite entrepreneur. Voting takes place November 10-15, 2020.
- BOOST full video presentation: After you register, we will send you a private link to watch the full BOOST video–including updates from our past BOOST winners–all on YouTube.
- Supporting Sustainability: With no venue costs this year, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution will be used to support emerging entrepreneurs in sustainability as well as Delta Institute, a 501c3 nonprofit that collaborates with communities across the Midwest to solve complex environmental challenges.
To watch a shortened presentation of BOOST 2020, including pitches from all four of this year’s finalists, enjoy the recording below on our YouTube channel.
This year’s finalists include:
- Chicago Environmental Educators: The purpose of this group is to create a supportive network for Chicago educators who teach science and environmental science in the formal classroom setting. The mission is to share scientific resources while addressing environmental justice issues in the community.
- Dynamhex.: Dynamhex helps communities quickly measure their total carbon footprint and devise solutions and empower climate action to reduce emissions over time.
- Mycocycle: Got trash? Mycocycle has trained mushrooms to eat asphalt and other toxic materials: diverting from landfill and creating post-use opportunities.
- Zumwalt Acres: Zumwalt Acres is a regenerative agriculture initiative in Sheldon, IL dedicated to restoring the soil and combating climate change. They focus on agroforestry, biochar, and natural soil amendments to develop a cost-effective, replicable, and carbon-negative model farm.
- November 10 – Voting opens
- November 15 – Last day to vote! Please vote by 11:59pm CST
- November 17 – BOOST winner announcement!
Please contact Patrick Murphy at 312-651-4356 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to for questions and comments about BOOST.