BOOST 2020: The Midwest’s Emerging Entrepreneurs in Sustainability
November 10 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please us for our 9th annual BOOST event! BOOST is a platform for early-stage entrepreneurs with innovative products and services to provide sustainable change in the Midwest. BOOST 2020 will be a virtual showcase, welcoming hundreds of supporters to participate in selecting this year’s winners.
What comes with the cost of your ticket?
- One vote: Each ticketed attendee gets to cast one vote for the favorite entrepreneur. Voting takes place November 10-15, 2020. The BOOST pitches will be available on Zoom the night of November 10th and posted to YouTube for easy sharing. Anyone can watch our finalists pitch their ideas, but to vote you’ll need to buy a ticket.
- Debut Night Talkback: Your ticket also grants you access to an optional BOOST Debut Night Talkback to hear more from this year’s entrepreneurs. The talkback will start at approximately 7:00 p.m. Central, immediately following the release of our BOOST presentation at 6:00 p.m.
- Supporting Sustainability: With no venue costs this year, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution will be used to support emerging entrepreneurs in sustainability as well as the mission of Delta Institute.
This year’s finalists include:
- Chicago Environmental Educators: The purpose of this group is to create a supportive network for Chicago educators who teach science and environmental science in the formal classroom setting. The mission is to share scientific resources while addressing environmental justice issues in the community.
- Dynamhex.: Dynamhex helps communities quickly measure their total carbon footprint and devise solutions and empower climate action to reduce emissions over time.
- Mycocycle: Got trash? Mycocyle has trained mushrooms to eat asphalt and other toxic materials: diverting from landfill and creating post-use opportunities.
- Zumwalt Acres: Zumwalt Acres is a regenerative agriculture initiative in Sheldon, IL dedicated to restoring the soil and combating climate change. They focus on agroforestry, biochar, and natural soil amendments to develop a cost-effective, replicable, and carbon-negative model farm.
- November 1 – Last day to sponsor the event
- November 10 – BOOST Video Premiere at 6:00 pm and Debut Night Talkback at 7:00 pm
- November 15 – Last day to vote!
- November 17 – BOOST winner announcement!
Please contact Patrick Murphy at 312-651-4356 or at email@example.com to for questions and comments about BOOST.
Some of our recent BOOST winners …
BOOST 2019 Winner: Block Bins
Block Bins provides food scrap recycling bins to Chicago residents so that neighbors can share bins to reduce cost and clutter. In the news: Block Club Chicago – Meet the new bin on the block, here to help clean your plate and save the planet
BOOST 2018 Winner: KitcheNet
Founded in 2017, KitcheNet is increasing the accessibility and affordability of local, high quality produce in the south side and west side of Chicago. Read our 2020 interview and update with founder Trista Li on our blog.
BOOST 2017 Winner: Chicago Eco House
Chicago Eco House works to restore the inner city through sustainability and green energy. In the news: WTTW – “Flower Power” farm-to-vase movement takes root on Chicago’s South and West Sides